CD9234 CERTIFIED DETECTOR
VEHICLE CLASSIFICATION AND SPEED MEASUREMENT
SWARCO loop detector for vehicle detection with classification and speed measurement for traffic data acquisition and traffic management.
CD9234 CLASSIFICATION DETECTOR
The CD9234 operates with two induction loops per lane, in accordance with TLS specification. Based on the proven and tested MC2024 / CD9054, the detector uses state-of-the-art measurement methods for highest classification accuracy and detection speed.
The detector is certified by the German federal highway research institute (BASt).
- Certified for TLS-loops type 1 and type 2 with a feed cable length of 300 m in all classes without double wiring
- Best detection quality for TLS-loops type 2: Certified with highest accuracy class A1/F1
- Acquisition of traffic data in accordance with TLS1 / BASt2 for two lanes with speed and length measurement, detection of direction and wrong way drivers with double loop systems, occupancy rate in connection with a controller
The LoopMaster operating program, which is available free of charge, offers extensive loop and detector analysis functions. The trend-setting customizing allows an individual configuration and setting of operating elements and functions.
1 TLS: Technical delivery terms for roadway stations
2 BASt: German federal highway research institute
The CD9234 classifies the vehicles in (8+1), (5+1) or 2 classes acc. to TLS. When TLS loops are used, the classification meets the accuracies required by the German federal highway research institute and is not influenced by e.g. weather conditions. On activation of the directional logic, reports of wrong way drivers can be generated. The vehicle type is determined by means of passing-curves which have characteristic features depending on the different classes and the loop types used.
Via the RS485 bus single-vehicle data is transferred to a controller, which takes over further data aggregation acc. to TLS-specifications. The detector automatically adjusts itself to the attached loop/feed-cable combination. Variations in temperature have no influence on data acquisition.
The measuring systems are permanently checked for short or open loops, only when a definite malfunction is detected, systems are put into a failure condition. If one loop of a TLS double-loop system is disturbed, the remaining loop supplies further data on time of occupancy, time gap and a classification of car-similar and HGV-similar vehicles. Speeds and vehicle lengths cannot be determined.
Short measuring intervals and a new procedure for speed measurement provide for the high accuracy of the measured data and the high detection speed, according to the requirements of the German federal highway research institute.
The test pattern certified by the Federal Highway Research Institute consists of the detector CD9234 and an STS-FG1-IOC for the data aggregation and connection to the Federal Highway Research Institute testing system.
The detector can provide the following single-vehicle data via the RS485 interface, depending on the TLS classification version:
Easy and Space-
- For feed cable lengths up to 300 m is only one pair of wires per loop necessary
- Serial data transfer via interface
- 4 Open collector switching outputs for detection signals or optional functions
- Switching signals depending on vehicle class and/or vehicle speed for the direct control of a VMS with parameterizable blinking frequency and number of light impulses (special version)
- Low power consumption
- Highly-reliable data acquisition, absolutely independent of climatic conditions and insensitive to interferences
- Automatic alignment, regulation of temperature fluctuations and non-volatile storage of all operating data
5 V DC +/-5 % (regulated and load-independent)
max. 90 mA / 0.45 W (5 V DC, standard switching output Open Collector)
RS485 data interface (plug connector), RS232 service interface (on front)
Switching output per channel: Open Collector,
Common error output: Open Collector
Height: 128 mm, Length: 190 mm, Width: 20 mm (4 TE), optional 40 mm (8 TE),
Operating / storage temperature
-25°C to +80°C / -40°C to +80°C
Device protection class
III (low voltage < 60 V DC)
plug-in card for 19“ rack, to be installed in housing or cabinet with IP54 necessary
DIN 41612, type F: 48-pole strip, 3-row