Autonomous Traffic Data Aquisition for Bicycle Detection
GECKO BIKE is part of the SWARCO Cloud system solution, which consistently follows the IoT (Internet of Things) approach and connects field devices with a central intelligence. The field devices send their data directly to our cloud service, which takes over the individual processing of the data, forwarding and integration into third-party systems.
The advantage of the solution is that installation and setup is as simple as commissioning a modern smartphone, that the standardized interfaces between the field device and the cloud guarantee secure and stable communication, and that the output is maximally flexible for you as a customer.
The Gecko field devices transmit their data to the Gecko Dashboard, an integrated module of MyCity Monitoring. Of course, technical separation of the systems to achieve system security as well as data protection and an ISO27001-certified software operation service are a matter of course.
For the connection of third-party systems and individual customer systems, we have standard cloud interfaces (APIs) and implement individual export services for you. The effort here is significantly less than with classic systems and always transparent, secure and stable due to the monitored communication processes from the field devices via the cloud to the target system.
City planners who are responsible for the installation of new cycle paths, rely on real data as a basis for decision-making in their argumentation. By collecting and storing this data, you gain an overview of bicycle traffic.
The Gecko system was developed especially for autonomous traffic data acquisition with battery supply and data transmission via mobile phone network. Gecko Bike is specialized in bicycle detection on cycle paths or in flowing traffic, both on a bicycle lane up to 3 m (Gecko1 Bike) and on a double lane up to 6 m (Gecko2 Bike).
Complemented by the cloud-based SWARCO-WEB-platform and WEB-interfaces, the Gecko system is already part of IoT (Internet of Things). Share the counting data with the public and promote awareness of bicycling or document progress through your cycling projects.
COMMUNICATION AND EVALUATION:
- Automatic wireless data transmission via mobile communication network modem to the SWARCO-WEB-platform (SWARCO-cloud)
- WEB-based system for visualization, evaluation, documentation and export of counting values
- Data aggregation: Interval data seperated by driving direction for number of bicycles and average speed
Gecko now provides the functions and excellent features of the
SWARCO inductive loop detectors in an autonomous system
for bicycle detection. The core are the DIN-rail mount detectors,
which were extended to include data transmission via mobile
Due to the considerable reduction of power consumption it is
now possible to implement an autonomous data acquisition
for up to 12 months using an easy-to-install detection system.
The alternative connection to mains voltage or the optionally
available photovoltaic installation allows permanent operation
with an autonomy of two weeks when power supply fails (integrated recharcheable battery).
Traffic data are transmitted in aggregated form, the interval
periods for data acquisition and transmission can be adjusted.
Measurement and diagnosis data (e.g. ID of measurement
location, state of battery, intensity of mobile communication
network, loop failure, measurement frequency) can be
accessed at any time via SWARCO-WEB-plattform.
Simple & Economic
- Speed measurement
- Simple, economic installation
- Inductive loops optimized for bicycle detection
- Low running costs for mobile communication network and provision of data
- Very low power consumption, self-sustaining for up to 12 months with battery operation
- Alternative: Operation with mains voltage or solar system, autonomous operation for 2 weeks (integrated rechargeable battery)
- Stable and reliable data acquisition, absolutely insensitive to weather and disturbances
- Vandalism-proof due to various installation options such as stand-alone, pole-mount or typically placed in the ground
- Verification of the data acquisition on location using vehicle readout at the service interface
- Web-based data provision: The data is available everywhere
Autonomous battery operation: autonomous time 12 / 6 months (Gecko1 / Gecko2) with mains or solar power supply autonomous time 2 weeks
Data acquisition: 3 / 5 / 15 / 30 min, 1 h - 12 h
-15°C to +65°C
Supply voltage (with external mains or solar supply)