ALUMINUM GANTRIES FOR OVERHEAD TRAFFIC SIGNS
SWARCO offers the entire traffic sign carrier portfolio of aluminum gantries and cantilevers.
Their construction is based on the guidelines of the German Ministry of Transport (ZTV-Ing Part 9-1 (12(2012)) ) and the directives of the individual federal states. Static calculations are available for verification.
GANTRIES AND CANTILEVERS
- available in almost any width
- with or without walkway (retrofitting possible at any time without corrosion)
- gap-free stem-transom connection for perfect fits without gap corrosion
- the aluminum material substantially extends the operating life span (approx. 50 years) and drastically reduces maintenance requirements
MOUNTING OF STATIC AND DYNAMIC ROAD SIGNS
- overbuilding of a four-lane federal highway possible with a one-piece transom - without bolted joints
- transom cant to prevent deflection
- sign holders are located below the catwalk and can be moved - re-signing possible without corrosion
- can be modified to dynamic signposting (dWiSTa)
Aluminum bridges stand for fast assembly and minimum blocking times: The low weight ratio (approx. 1:2) allows easy handling, which can be done with an assembly crane (truck). Pre-assembly is carried out on the road shoulder or on site. Transom assembly is possible with a lockout time of just a few minutes.
Despite higher energy costs for the production of the primary aluminum, the energy compensation results in the course of the life cycle after about half of the lifetime. Aluminum structures therefore represent the most economical solution for gantries and cantilevers. Advantages are:
- Good formability
- widths of > 30 m possible without bolted joints
- low weight
- simple and fast assembly, only short road closings necessary
- longevity due to corrosion-free material
- minimal maintenance required
- high investment security
- sustainable eco-balance due to overall energy efficiency
- excellent recyclability