GECKO TRAFFIC / CLASS
Autonomous Traffic Data Acquisition for Vehicle Counting and Vehicle Classification
GECKO TRAFFIC / CLASS is part of the SWARCO Cloud system solution, which consistently follows the IoT (Internet of Things) approach and connects field devices with a central intelligence. The field devices send their data directly to our cloud service, which takes over the individual processing of the data, forwarding and integration into third-party systems.
The advantage of the solution is that installation and setup is as simple as commissioning a modern smartphone, that the standardized interfaces between the field device and the cloud guarantee secure and stable communication, and that the output is maximally flexible for you as a customer.
The Gecko field devices transmit their data to the Gecko Dashboard, an integrated module of MyCity Monitoring. Of course, technical separation of the systems to achieve system security as well as data protection and an ISO27001-certified software operation service are a matter of course.
For the connection of third-party systems and individual customer systems, we have standard cloud interfaces (APIs) and implement individual export services for you. The effort here is significantly less than with classic systems and always transparent, secure and stable due to the monitored communication processes from the field devices via the cloud to the target system.
GECKO TRAFFIC / CLASS
Share your counting data with the public and raise e.g. the awareness for traffic loads or document the progress by showing your road construction projects.
The Gecko system was designed for autonomous traffic data acquisition with battery supply and data transmission via mobile communication network. Nearly all fields of traffic data acquisition are covered, from basic vehicle counting with Gecko Traffic up to vehicle classification e.g. acc. to TLS1or ASTRA2 with Gecko Class.
Supplemented by the cloud-based SWARCO-WEB-platform and WEB-interfaces, the Gecko system is already part of the IoT (Internet of Things).
1 Technical terms of delivery for roadside stations
2 Swiss fedaral roads office
COMMUNICATION AND EVALUATION:
- Automatic wireless data transmission via mobile commu-nication network modem to the SWARCO-WEB-platform (SWARCO cloud)
- WEB-based system for visualization, evaluation, documentation and export of counting values
- Data aggregation: Interval data seperated by driving lane for counting values of all configured vehicle classes and average speed.
Gecko provides the functions and excellent features of the
SWARCO inductive loop detectors in an autonomous system for
traffic data acquisition. The core of the system is the detectors
for DIN-rail mounting, which were extended to include data transmission via mobile communication network.
Due to the considerable reduction of power consumption it is now possible to implement an autonomous data acquisition for up to 6 months using an easy-to-install detection system. The alternative connection to mains voltage or the optionally available photovoltaic installation allows permanent operation with an autonomy of two weeks when power supply fails (integrated recharcheable battery).
Traffic data are transmitted in aggregated form, the interval periods for data acquisition and transmission can be adjusted. Measurement and diagnosis data (e.g. ID of measurement location, state of battery, intensity of mobile communication network, loop failure, measurement frequency) can be accessed at any time via SWARCO-WEB-plattform.
Simple & Economic
- Simple, economic installation
- Low running costs for mobile communication network and provision of data
- Very low power consumption, self-sustaining with one battery option for
up to 6 months, with two for up to 12 months
- Alternative: Operation with mains voltage or solar system,
autonomous operation for 2 weeks (integrated recharcheable battery)
- Stable and reliable data acquisition, absolutely insensitive to weather and disturbances
- Vandalism-proof due to various installation options such as stand-alone, pole-mount or placed in the ground
- Verification of the data acquisition on location using vehicle readout at the service interface
- Web-based data provision: The data is available everywhere
Autonomous battery operation:
Data acquisition: 3 / 5 / 15 / 30 min, 1 h - 12 h
-15°C to +65°C
Supply voltage (with external mains or solar supply)
Gecko Traffic: Basic model for autonomous vehicle counting for traffic data acquisition on 2 or 4 lanes.