GECKO TRAFFIC / CLASS
Autonomous Traffic Data Acquisition for Vehicle Counting and Vehicle Classification
Based on the proved and tested DIN-rail induction loop detectors, the Gecko system was designed for autonomous traffic data acquisition with battery supply and data transmission via mobile communication network. Nearly all fields of traffic data acquisition are covered, from basic vehicle counting with Gecko Traffic up to vehicle classification e.g. acc. to TLS* or ASTRA** with Gecko Class.
* Technical terms of delivery for roadside stations
** Swiss fedaral roads office
Supplemented by the cloud-based SWARCO-WEB-platform and WEB-interfaces, the Gecko system is already part of the IoT (Internet of Things). Share your counting data with the public and raise e.g. the awareness for traffic loads
or document the progress by showing your road construction projects.
COMMUNICATION AND EVALUATION:
- Automatic wireless data transmission via GSM modem to the SWARCO-WEB-platform (SWARCO cloud)
- WEB-based system for visualization, evaluation, documentation and export of counting values
- Data aggregation: Interval data seperated by driving lane for counting values of all configured vehicle classes and average speed.
Gecko now provides the functions and excellent features of the SWARCO TRAFFIC SYSTEMS inductive loop detectors in an autonomous system for traffic data acquisition. The core are the DIN-rail mount detectors, which were extended to include data transmission via mobile communication network.
Due to the considerable reduction of power consumption it is now possible to implement an autonomous data acquisition for up to 6 months using an easy-to-install detection system. The alternative connection to mains voltage or the optionally available photovoltaic installation allows permanent operation with an autonomy of two weeks when power supply fails (integrated battery).
Traffic data are transmitted in aggregated form, the interval periods for data acquisition and transmission can be adjusted. Measurement and diagnosis data (e.g. ID of measurement location, state of battery, intensity of mobile communication network, loop failure, measurement frequency) can be accessed at any time via SWARCO-WEB-plattform.
Simple & Economic
- Simple, economic installation
- Low running costs for mobile communication network and provision of data
- Very low power consumption, self-sustaining for up to 6 months with battery operation
- Alternative: Operation with mains voltage or photovoltaic installation, autonomous operation for 2 weeks (integrated battery)
- Stable and reliable data acquisition, absolutely insensitive to weather and disturbances
- Vandalism-proof due to various installation options such as stand-alone, pole-mount or placed in the ground
- Verification of the data acquisition on location using vehicle readout at the service interface
- Web-based data provision: The data is available everywhere
|Power supply||Autonomous battery operation:
autonomous time 6 / 3 months (Gecko2 / Gecko4) with mains or solar power supply auton. time 2 weeks
|Interval periods||Data acquisition: 3 / 5 / 15 / 30 min, 1 h - 12 h
Data transmission 1 h - 24 h
GSM modem for data transmission within mobile
|Operating temperature||-15°C to +65°C|
|Connections||Supply voltage (with external mains or solar supply)
4 (Gecko2) or 8 (Gecko4) inductive loops
External GSM antenna
Gecko Traffic: Basic model for autonomous vehicle counting for traffic data acquisition on 2 or 4 lanes.