Become part of our SWARCO team as
Location: Dublin, Ireland | Full time
We have a vacancy for a Fibre Technician (m/f/d) to join our Field Engineering Services team based in Dublin.
- This role requires a good level of technical knowledge and proven capability.
- Connecting up sites onto the SCATS system
- Programming and setting up of mobile communication units (Digi and Westermo or equivalent)
- Connecting/maintaining AMG fibre transmission circuits as well as Juniper network managed switches
- General work in the ITS computer room
- Working with Dublin City Council’s Fibre Optic Cable Network
- Testing of phone lines and all other work of a technical nature as directed.
- At times you may be required to work overtime and/or participate in a regular call out roster.
- Monthly inspections of fibre equipment
- Department of Education Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Organised, trustworthy and self-motivated
- Full class B driving license
- Right to live and work in Ireland
- Fibre Optic Guild & Guilds 5 Certificate
- Experience of Installation & Termination of Fibre Optic Cables
- Maintenance of Fibre Optic Networks
- Experience in working with CCTV
- Computer Networking Skills (Advantageous)
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Fully Expensed Company Vehicle
- Company Mobile phone
- PPE provided
- 35 days holiday rising to 38 days with bank holidays included, plus the option to buy an agreed number of days
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Work Schemes / Wrkit- employee discounts portal
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 4x salary
Please apply by clicking on the link below.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.
#advanced #swarco #LI-GB1 #LI-MD1