Become part of our SWARCO team as
Location: Dublin, Ireland | Full time
At SWARCO, we work together as a team to shape the future of mobility. Traffic management is an essential part of modern mobility. Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), monitors and controls various modes of traffic in order to avoid congestion and to improve traffic flow. The goal is to enable people to get to their destinations as fast as possible. At the same time, ITS are used to reduce the negative impact of mobility on the environment, e.g. to reduce air pollution. It also improves traffic safety for all road users.
In the spirit of SWARCO founder Manfred Swarovski, we pride ourselves in being agile, innovative, reliable, trustworthy, passionate, and cooperative; and will not hesitate to go the extra mile for you. Swarco are growing, grow with us!
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Qualified Electrician to join our expanding maintenance team in Ireland across our contracts.
We are looking for a qualified Electrician that has or would like to get experience in traffic signal maintenance and installations. The key responsibility of this role is to maintain and/or commission traffic signals across our contracts. They will represent the company’s best interests at all times, ensuring all routine and reactive work is carried out in line with contractual conditions. This role will also include assisting in maintaining Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental accreditations.
Knowledge and understanding of the contract service deliverables, customer details and project scope is also important.
You may also be required to work overtime and/or participate in a regular call out roster.
What we are looking for
In order to fulfil the role successfully the following are some of the key skills and experience required:
- National Craft Certificate (Electrical) or equivalent, documentary proof will be required prior to interview
- FETAC level 6 Electrical Craft Certificate
- Fás Safe Pass and manual handling
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Organised, trustworthy and self-motivated
- Excellent communications skills and experience of report writing
- Customer focused
- Full class B driving licence, (Class C licence an advantage)
- Practical experience in Electrical Engineering, Controls and Instrumentation or similar.
- Knowledge of traffic management principles, traffic signal controllers and ITS equipment
- ECDL and / or proficiency in MS Office Applications
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Fully Expensed Company Vehicle
- Company Mobile phone
- PPE provided
- 35 days holiday rising to 38 days with bank holidays included, plus the option to buy an agreed number of days
- Paid Birthday off
- Sick Pay after the qualifying period
- Work Schemes / Wrkit- employee discount portal
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 6x salary
Please apply by clicking on the apply button.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in Ireland, all successful candidates must have the right to work in Ireland by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.