Traffic Management Centers (TMC)
SWARCO Central Integration Platform.
Traffic managment centers are the heart of interurban traffic management.
The central system is used to control dynamic traffic networks, highway corridors or tunnels and integrates all traffic control aspects in a map-based solution. Especially developed control models and specific algorithms process the data from traffic and environmental sensors and send the according switching programs to the VMS on the roads. The automation of program sequences helps harmonizing traffic flows, reducing reaction times and improving traffic safety significantly. The strategy manager allows the operator to flexibly react to events and switch to scenarios that keep traffic in motion.
- Modular: Existing systems and 3rd party products can easily be integrated,
additional applications (e.g. V2X) can be expanded in the future
- Scalable: from short road sections up to traffic control centers
- New technologies: C-ITS ready (supports autonomous driving in the future)
- Future proofed: Solutions for today's requirements and future developments
- Integrates systems from all market sectors (urban, parking, public transport)
- Support services such as hosting of RWW and TDA, TMaaS
Traffic Management Center
Traffic Control &
Tunnel Control &