TDD1-2MW TRAFFIC DETECTOR
Doppler-Radar Traffic Detector with 30/75 m Range
The traffic detectors of the TDD1-2MW series use Doppler radar technology for detecting vehicles. They are designed for detecting objects moving in or through the field of view.
The detectors of the TDD1-2MW series have been developed for a range of applications that require robust and reliable detection:
- Green-phase request or extension at traffic lights, with possibility to discriminate by vehicle driving direction
- Speed-dependent detection of vehicles
- Door sensor: As detector for auto-operation of doors
The TDD1-2MW detectors detect moving objects by means of the frequency shift of the reflected microwave vs. the transmitted waves. Several application-dependent features can be configured easily and effortlessly using the IR remote control (extra accessory):
- Direction-discrimination (approaching, receding, both)
- Detection range (depending on model)
- Minimum speed threshold (4 km/h, 8 km/h)
- Auto-timer output activation (off, 90 s, 150 s)
- Feedback LED on front of detector (on, off)
The recommended mounting location is on a pole at the side
of the road, approximately 1 m to 5 m above ground.
IR Remote Control:
To customize the settings of the detector, an infrared remote control is required. The remote control is an extra accessory and has to be ordered separately.
Pole mount adapter for mounting the detector on a round pole. The pole mount adapter is an extra accessory and has to be ordered separately.
An according connection cable is necessary for the electrical connection of the detector. This cable is an extra accessory and has to be ordered separately.
Field of view
- Easy integration: Using SPDT relay output
- Robust design: Poly-carbon enclosure with weather protection hood made of stainless steel V4A
- Large mounting range: Mounting height 1 m to 5 m
- Easy Installation: Mounting bracket with three holes for easy mounting on poles or gantries
- Easy and effortless configuration: Using IR remote control (optionally available)
- Large operating temperature range: Peak performance in all environmental conditions
(5 - 60) V DC / (12 - 43) V AC
Typ. 10 mA @ 12 V DC
|Output / Switch*|
Relay, SPDT / 300 V AC / 2 A / 60 W
|Function indication||Tri-color LED on front of detector|
|Turn-on time||Typ. 1 second after power on|
|Dimensions||See drawing below|
|Case Material||Polycarbonate, dark gray|
|Weather protection||Stainless steel, V4A|
|Weight||approx. 700 g incl. bracket|
|Doppler Radar||K-Band 24.05 GHz - 24.25 GHz|
|Detection Range||TDD1-2MW30: 30 m nominal|
TDD1-2MW75: 75 m nominal
|Low speed threshold||4 km/h / 8 km/h (selectable)|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +70°C|
|Humidity||95 % RH max.|
|Sealing||IP 64 splash proof|
* the maximum voltage on the output must not exceed the supply voltage!