Don't miss Special Interest Session on cities facing digital transformation
SIS 48 on31 May
16:45 - 17:45 h
MEETT Room 7
That is the coordinates to remember for the ITS European Congress in Toulouse in the coming week if you are interested in following what well-known cities do for green and sustainable mobility.
Cities facing digital transformation for traffic management is the topic.
SWARCO's Gino Franco as organizer of this session and ERTICO's Johanna Tsanidaki as moderator will welcome you to follow the contributions by the following panelists:
- Keynote speaker (Berlin): Niko Stieldorf (SWARCO Global Business Development - Software Solutions)
- City of Paris (FR), Ms Cécile Guillou, Head assistant of studies and operations Division
- City of Rome (IT), Mr Giacomo Tuffanelli, Mobility control centre Direction, Roma Servizi Mobilità
- City of Helmond (NL), Mr Patrick Hofman, Senior project manager smart and green mobility
- City of Toulouse (FR), Jean-Marc D’Ingrando, Head of Equipment and Flow Management Department
- City of Copenhagen (DK), Kim Brochmann Møller, Traffic Eng. deployment of emerging technologies
ITS new technologies offer new features and opportunities, while smart cities are facing new challenges to deal with multimodality, micro-mobility, environmental footprint, large events organisation, etc. Several projects are taking off in European cities to renew the mobility management systems and services to respond, timely and efficiently, to the changed needs. Traffic and mobility are setting key requirements that appear to be similar regardless the size of the city, this could potentially generate powerful synergies, enabling win-win deployment scenarios.
In this session let’s try, together in an open discussion, to answer some of the fundamental questions:
- What are the priority requirements for EU cities?
- Can we envisage a trend toward the cloud architecture and SaaS models?
- How cities will be ensuring the security of ITS systems
We look forward to welcoming you!