BARRIER AUTOMATIC SYSTEMS BL229
Heavy-Duty High Security Barrier
The BL 229 rising barrier is a universal gate recognized for its high performance and great reliability. The BL229 can be used in a wide range of applications : traffic management, parking areas, industrial sites… and even toll roads.
- Housing made of folded and welded sheet steel, from 2 to 6 mm thick, protected by two coats of paint (standard colour: orange RAL2000).
- Internal mechanical elements treated by electrogalvanisation.
- Side door giving access to the mechanism, with security lock.
- Removable cover, locked by key.
- Aluminium tube boom arm, varnished white with red reflecting stripes and end-sealing.
- Arm shaft mounted on two life-lubricated ball bearings. The protrusion of the shaft, centred on the housing side, allows it to be easily reversed from one side of the housing to the other: arm on the left or on the right of the framework housing.
- Arm balancing by springs.
- Electro-mechanical assembly including:
- An asynchronous three-phase geared motor.
- Movement transmission by crankshaft-rod device insuring mechanical locking of the boom arm in end positions.
- Automatic barrier unlocking device in case of power failure, opening then being possible by hand.
- Frequency converter ensuring progressive accelerations and controlled decelerations, for a vibration-free movement and enhanced protection of the mechanism.
- Limit switches activated by leaf spring.
- Lever for manual unlocking (if not automatic mode set up).
- AS1320 control board enabling various additional commands and/or accessory options.
- Adjustable information contacts:
- State of the barrier’s position (open or closed),
- State of the presence detectors,
- Command for master-slave barriers (movement of one barrier controlled by the other barrier),
- Fixing frame to be fixed in a concrete base to be provided by the customer.
Technical Characteristics (standard)
- Electrical power supply: single phase 230VAC, 50/60Hz.
- Nominal power consumption: 335 W (at maximum speed and without options).
- Three-phase asynchronous 250W motor.
- Life-lubricated worm-screw speed reduction unit.
- Aluminium tube boom arm, with round section diameter 84 mm.
- Free passage (L): 2 to 6 m. Beyond 5 m, a standard tip support at the end of the arm is supplied.
- Operational temperature (without optional heating): between –20° and +50°C.
- Operation unperturbed by winds of 120 km/h.
- Minimum operation time: from 1 to 4 seconds according to the boom length and the options chosen.
- Net weight (excluding arm) 83 kg.
- MCBF (mean cycles between failures): 2,000,000, with normal maintenance.
- Conform to EC norms.
- Push button(s) box.
- Key switch on housing.
- Command by radio transmitter/receiver.
- Inductive loops for cars or trucks detection.
- Presence detector for inductive loops.
- Photo electric cell (automatic opening, closing after passage, safety).
- Cell support post.
- Cell fixed on housing.
- Rigid folding skirt.
- Flat folding arm.
- Round folding arm.
- Arm swing-off device in case of vehicle impact.
- Detector for arm swing-off.
- Rubber protection profile on arm.
- Standard tip support.
- Folding tip support.
- Electro-magnetic tip support.
- Boom lighting (LED).
- Traffic lights (LED) fixed on a post on housing.
- Traffic lights (LED).
- Support post for traffic lights.
- STOP traffic sign.
- Non standard RAL colour.
- Analogue sensor.
- Raised base.
- 120 VAC, 60 Hz power supply (reduces performances).
- Double limit switches for information on BL status in the event of power failure.
- Heating resistance 80W, for operation down to -35°C.
- Folding fence.
- Flashing light on cover.
- Electronic board for Input/Output extension (CAN).
- Electronic board for third-party traffic lights control.
- Protection switches in case of door and cover opening.
Note: certain options are mutually incompatible and/or reduce the arm’s range. Consult the "Limit of use" table of the price list.