Push Button Touchless
Usage without touching
SWARCO's push buttons are
In times of COVID-19, social distancing and avoiding the most possible contact have become daily challenges. The Push Button Touchless now makes it possible to safely cross intersections using Bluetooth user devices or an app. This means that blind and visually impaired people can request the green phase on the Push Button without further action and without the need to touch it.
Especially heavily frequented intersections are great challenges for people with limited mobility. Heavy traffic and the accompanying extremely loud background noise make it difficult for blind and visually impaired people to orientate themselves in public spaces without disturbance.
The TOUCH SOUND Lod.id are equipped with Loc-ID receiver modules. A selected group of people can request a green phase with corresponding Loc-ID transmitter modules, the size of a Keychain. In addition, this group of people has the option of using an app to perform the same function as the Loc.id transmitter module without contact. To do this, the app only has to be activated once. Activation or deactivation is confirmed by a vibration signal.
The aim is to make mobility for blind and visually impaired people in public spaces more reliable and easier by individualizing the signals issued. Further options, such as the demand-oriented output of differentiated signal tones, can be realized through the Loc-ID technology. At night, for example, the acoustic signal transmitters at traffic lights can be muted to protect residents and only be activated when a Loc-ID transmitter approaches. This ensures safety and mobility for all road users.
The first systems have already been installed in Austria, Denmark and Sweden and are helping to get through the Corona crisis safely.
In the unit
Safety for all
TOUCH SOUND LOC.ID
- Receiver Module in the TOUCH SOUND unit– no extra device necessary
- Easy mounting by the exchange of the Electronic-Box in the existing TOUCH SOUND
- A selected group of people can request a walk signal with corresponding Loc-ID transmitter modules the size of a keychain or by usage of the Smartphone App. Mobility for blind and visually impaired people in public spaces is made more reliable and easier by individualizing the signals emitted.
- At night or if needed the acoustic signaling devices at traffic lights can be muted to protect residents. They are only activated when a Loc-ID transmitter approaches.
- All switch positions are marked for the blind.
- Inductive charging of the battery
- Optionally available with a bracelet or as a necklace
Smartphone – App
- Available for iOS and Android
- Voice-Over Option
- Works in the background
- Auto Start