SGS-48 TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
State-Of-The-Art Traffic Controllers
SWARCO is one of the leading companies worldwide in the development, production and sales of traffic and motorway controllers and communication equipment for traffic management systems.
One of the latest development of traffic controllers from SWARCO, the SGS-48 is modular in design and its flexible configuration possibilities make it adaptable for all types of intersections. Using TCP/IP or 3G modem it can be directly connected to many control and monitoring systems.
SGS-48: POWERFUL – FAST – RELIABLE
The controller can be delivered in three different sizes depending on the number of signal groups required.
For normal intersections the 3U rack with 16 signal groups and 32 detectors is suitable. For larger intersections, or for covering more than one intersection, there are 32 and 48 signal group versions with 80 detector channels.
The circuits of SGS-48 suit all climate conditions from the cold breezes of North to the searing Middle-Eastern and African sun. The larger cabinet is equipped with a swing frame allowing easy access to the backside of the unit.
The controller is in accordance with European and national standards and regulations.
- Linux operations system with web-interface
- The built-in operator panel allows full control and access to all parameters. The police panel can switch signals on/off and to amber flash as well as full stage control. The RS232 terminal interface provides further access to the internal software for control and debugging. The parameters are password protected with two security levels.
- The detection system is based on MID-8 inductive loop-detector cards with 8 loops per card. Alternatively, Autoscope Rackvision or Atlas video detection cards can be installed.
- Lamp group cards (GP-16) with triac outputs for 230 or 42 VAC with full voltage and current monitoring on all outputs. Each GP-16 card controls 4 signal groups.
- Optional I/O-cards for relay input or output control.
- CPU-board with ARM processor for control and supervision of functions. The CPU has a real time clock with battery backup.
- SGS-48 is available also in a 42V version.
The standard software of the SGS-48 controller provides a large number of parameter-controlled functions.
CONFIGURATION AND TESTING
For parameter configuration and testing, a Windows-based easy-to-use software is provided.
A safety CPU guarantees that no hazardous situations occur. The CPU monitors: