Wide Beam Stop+Motion Radar Detector
The Caiman-Pro M wide beam Stop+Motion radar detector is suited for lane discrimination over multiple lanes. It detects and tracks moving and stopped objects within the entire detection area delivering the following data: volume, occupancy, speed, vehicle presence, headway, gap and wrong way detection trigger.
Due to its forward firing position it offers a wide range of applications, detection points and mounting positions.
The Caiman-Pro M is available with two antennas suited for detection areas of 20 m up to 50 m resp. 180 m.
- Wide beam over multiple lanes
- Stop+Motion function (simultaneously up to 126 moving and stopped objects)
- Accurate measurement of vehicle speed, distance to the sensor, horizontal and vertical angle
- Data provided: Volume, occupancy, speed, vehicle presence, headway, gap, wrong way detection trigger
- Multiple choice of detection points and mounting positions (e.g. mast arm, vertical pole)
- Intersection application with stop bar detection, advanced detection, vehicle counting, calculation of estimated time of arrival (ETA) / dilemma zone detection
- Traffic management and traffic data acquisition with detection of vehicle speed, counting and occupancy
- Special applications such as wrong way driver detection, traffic jam detection
Due to its novel Stop+Motion function the Caiman-Pro M not only detects and tracks moving objects but also determines stopped objects. The sophisticated algorithm "remembers" static objects until they start moving again thus providing an additional presence detection.
DETECTION POINTS (EXAMPLES)
Sideways mounting Centered mounting
across all Lanes
- Only one radar necessary for the detection at one intersection arm
- Simultaneous detection accross all lanes within the detection area
- Detection within the entire detection area from the stop line to the detection threshold (20 m up to 50 m
resp. 180 m from mounting point) or only in selected parts
- 100 % independent of time of the day and light conditions (bright sunlight, shadow, dawn, night)