Become part of our SWARCO team as
Trainee Engineer - St Albans
Location: St Albans, United Kingdom | Full time
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and reliable Trainee Engineer to join our St Albans Field Engineering Services team.
What you will do
The main purpose of this role is to carry out maintenance of traffic signals and associated equipment. Additional duties may include configuration and commissioning of traffic signal equipment. You will also liaise with clients to promote the Company’s service maintaining traffic signals to client satisfaction and working practices.
Although predominantly based in the St Albans area, there may be a requirement from time to time to work in other Service Centre districts which may involve overnight stays.
- Maintaining and commissioning all aspects of the Urban portfolio to a high standard and the customer's specifications
- Ensure that all your PPE is safe complete and being correctly used/worn
- Ensure your vehicle, tools, spares, and equipment to be used are in a safe and useable condition
- Carrying out maintenance works 24/7 (including standby) avoiding rebates
- Ensure you are aware of the contract you are working on, customer details and project scope prior to starting
- Work sheets and time sheets are completed accurately and submitted on time
What we are looking for
In order to fulfill the role successfully the following are some of the key skills and experience required:
- GCSEs in English, Maths & Sciences
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Either electrical or electronic background – possible signal installation experience
- Ability to work on own
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK
- HNC or ONC in electrical / electronic subjects
- Detailed electrical or industry experience with the willingness and ability to work on own initiative
- Use of computers (Word/Excel)
What we offer
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Company vehicle
- 33 days holiday rising to 36 days with bank holidays included, plus the option to buy an agreed number of days
- Open to discuss flexible working options
- Employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinemas, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 6x salary
Apply Today! We will acknowledge receipt of your application and be in touch if you are successful.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer. Please note,
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.