Become part of our SWARCO team as
Traffic Signals Maintenance Engineer (m/f/d) (Leicester)
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom | Full time
We are looking to recruit a Traffic Signals Maintenance Engineer to join our Leicester Field Engineering Services team.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain a wide variety of equipment to the customer’s specifications and ensure contractual obligations, terms, and conditions are met. A key responsibility of this role is to maintain and commission all aspects of the team portfolio. The successful applicant will represent the Company’s best interests at all times, ensuring all routine and reactive work is carried out in line with contractual conditions. This role will also include assisting in maintaining Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental accreditations. You will be required to carry out maintenance works 24/7 (including standby) avoiding rebates. Knowledge of the contract, customer details, and project scope is also important.
Although predominantly based in the Leicester area, there may be a requirement from time to time to work in other Service Centre districts which may involve overnight stays.
In order to fulfil the role successfully the following are some of the key skills and experience required:
- GCSE’s in English, Maths & Sciences (or equivalent)
- Sector 8 Accreditation
- A good understanding of traffic signal site installation and basic theory
- Knowledge of traffic controllers and equipment
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- The ability to work at heights
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Organised, trustworthy and self-motivated
- Full driving licence
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, SWARCO actively runs employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Company Vehicle
- PPE provided
- 33 days holiday rising to 36 days with bank holidays included, plus the option to buy an agreed number of days
- Sick Pay after the qualifying period
- Perkbox – employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 4x salary
Please apply by clicking the apply button.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you and SWARCO is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s