Become part of our SWARCO team as
Service Technician - APT Skidata (m/f/d)
Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom | Full time
We have an opportunity for a Service Technician to join our growing team at APT Skidata. APT Skidata has equipment installed in a number of customers' car parks and entertainment based sites situated throughout the country. This role will provide customer support for the products installed on sites based in and around London and the South East.
- Internal maintenance of the machinery – strip and clean assemblies using cards/earbuds coated with cleaning spirits; clearing ticket/coin/note debris/residue; inspection of running gear (rollers/gears/etc); clearing jammed mechanisms; replacing parts as required; etc.
- Technical Back-ground (Ideally Parking Equipment/EPOS/ATM)
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance on all forms of parking equipment
- Safe Isolation training/Electrical Safety
- Achieving required response times as detailed in SLA.
- Report back to client and Hemel service desk on completion of jobs (via PDA).
- Complete feedback sheet (PDA) with accurate, clear and concise information on activity.
- Control of spare parts.
- Retain full, clean drivers licence.
- Technical qualifications relevant to the role
- Mechanical assemblies of a “process” nature, e.g. as utilised in ticketing mechanisms (e.g. train, bus, airlines, parking, events, etc ticket issuing/reading units).
- Ability to recognise worn parts (belt tension, roller wear, audio/magnetic head wear, etc) and so understand when they should be replaced.
- Diagnostic and configuration of network switches.
- Understanding of VLans
- Installing software and firmware.
- Installing windows operating system
- Ability to work on own; but be a part of a team.
- Be able to work in a pressured, client controlled environment.
- Be prepared to spend a vast amount of time driving from site to site.
- Have a courteous manner and ability to communicate clearly with all levels of client staff (managers to site attendants).
- Full, clean UK drivers licence.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Plenty of room for personal growth and responsibility that enables you to grow with SWARCO
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance
Please apply by clicking on the apply button.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.
#LI-REMOTE #LI-GB1 #LI-MD1