Become part of our SWARCO team as
Service Desk Analyst
Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom | Full time
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our growing team at APT Skidata. This role is full time in the office.
As a Service Desk Analyst, you are the frontline support for our vehicle and people access customers. Your mission is to ensure they receive swift and efficient technical assistance. You will handle inquiries and troubleshoot issues raised via telephone and email, with a transition to a portal-based system in the near future. Your expertise in IT and previous experience in a similar role will enable you to offer top-notch support in this evolving digital and cloud-based environment. This role also provides a unique opportunity to learn and work with a bespoke, industry-leading product.
Our team can be found at HQ in Hemel Hempstead, it’s within easy reach of the M1 and it’s home to our training centre, experience world and Pre.Build.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through phone, email, and eventually our upcoming portal.
- Log, categorise, and prioritise incidents and requests.
- Basic troubleshooting of technical issues and escalating complex problems to higher-level technicians.
- Provide support to engineers and customers by interpreting technical documentation.
- Stay updated with our transition to the portal-based support system and adapt quickly.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Strong IT understanding or technical knowledge. Mechanical knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience as a service desk analyst, preferably within a similar industry or IT environment.
- Familiarity with ITIL V4 is a plus, though not mandatory.
- A genuine interest in IT/network technology.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer-focused approach.
- Ability to stay composed and effective under pressure.
- Eagerness to continuously learn, especially our bespoke industry-leading product, and stay updated with new technologies and processes.
- Openness to on-the-job learning and a willingness to be supported by the team.
- Basic knowledge of network infrastructure, TCP/IP, and IT systems.
- A valid UK driving licence is beneficial.
- Right to work in the UK
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- 25 days holiday with bank holidays in addition
- Employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 6x salary
Apply Today! We will acknowledge receipt of your application and be in touch if you are successful.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer. Please note,
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.