Become part of our SWARCO team as
Senior CAD Design Engineer
Location: Melsonby, United Kingdom | Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior CAD Design Engineer to join our production team in Melsonby. As the Senior CAD Design Engineer you will develop and support design to production processes by producing detailed accurate Computer Aided Designs using Autodesk Inventor and associated Autodesk products. You will also be supervising CAD team members.
This role is mainly office based with future options to work hybrid once IT kit is updated.
- Assist the development of additional manufacturing information - floor layouts, SOPs, cuttings lists.
- Support the development of in-house designs with ideas, package studies, layouts and concept work.
- Create and update Production support information from complex CAD Models in accordance with engineering change procedures.
- Produce detailed accurate Computer Aided Design of Variable Message Sign enclosures and parts for manufacture by external suppliers.
- Produce detailed accurate Computer Aided Design of signs and parts for internal production / assembly.
- Production of Bills of Material in Excel, Drawing package
- Scheduling on time drawing completion
- Organize and Manage the CAD environment
- Supply technical support for all CAD software
- Provide production CAD support
- CAD vendor management
- Provide training and supervision of in-house CAD users
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
- Provide leadership and vision to the firm in the area of CAD
- Customisation of CAD Programs
- Maintain CAD Software inventory
- Monitor and maintain Vault Server including backups
- Conduct project related close out reviews
- Ensure all non-conformances, quality and assembly issues are informed to the relevant Supervisor or Manager in a timely manner
- A CAD Designer with extensive modelling and draughting experience to meet specification or achieve design direction. Minimum 7 years
- Minimum 5 years experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor
- Experience of producing manufacturing information and knowledge of Design for manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in working with ERP/PDM to control BOM and CAD interfaces and ensure version control
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Autodesk Vault Pro
- Previous experience working within an engineering / manufacturing business
- Experience in producing assembly drawings, layouts, scheme, part drawings, sheetmetal fabrication drawings
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, CAD draughting standards and applying GD&T to part drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and design constraints (material, tolerance, process etc) would also be beneficial
- Extensive high level modelling experience
- A detail focused individual with strong time management in the pursuit of deadlines
- Effective communicator internally who can work across various functions to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Extensive working in knowledge in the use and programming of Iogic functions.
- Working knowledge of structural designs and FEA analysis an advantage.
- Experience in leading and team of people.
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days with bank holidays in addition, plus the option to buy agreed number of days
- Employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 6x salary
Apply Today! We will acknowledge receipt of your application and be in touch if you are successful.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer. Please note,
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.