Swarco Traffic Ltd are a leading provider in the field of Electronic Signage and ITS products. We have a wide customer base including Highways England, Local Authorities, Shopping Centres, Private Developers, Car Park Operators and Parish Councils.
We design, manufacture, install and maintain traffic technology equipment, offering our customers the convenience of a single provider solution.
We value our business relationships and pride ourselves on a high level of repeat business.
Project Manager (m/f/d)
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom | Fulltime
Your ChallengeTo Project Manage the delivery of ITS products on Smart Motorways and other Highways England or local authority schemes. Plan, deliver and close projects in accordance with the relevant contracts and customer requirements, to the agreed timescales, within budget and to the customer satisfaction. This includes working with stakeholders to acquire resources (material and labour) and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to the project plan.
As a Project Manager you will ensure the project is delivered using safe methods of work and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This role is likely to primarily be focused on works within the Highways England Strategic road network but may also include other works within the Swarco Traffic portfolio of products.
- Support the sales team in effective handover from Sales to Project.
- Determine and define project scope, objectives, milestones and risks.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources and sub-contractors in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget plans based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget and where possible improve project margin.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage internal and external suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Preparation of internal risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and checking of sub-contractor RAMS and Lift Plans.
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and submit early warnings, change reports, variation orders and payment requests as required.
- Actively encourage project growth.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Manage communication with all stakeholders effectively.
- Escalate any delivery issues quickly with proposals for issue resolution