Become part of our SWARCO team as
Pre-Construction Manager (m/f/d)
Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom | Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pre-Construction Manager to join our team at Swarco Smart Charging. The role will be Home Based, with regular travel across the country for site surveys, client meetings and meetings with the team in Hemel Hempstead.
SWARCO Smart Charging is the Electric Vehicle Charging division of SWARCO UK. Within SWARCO Smart Charging, a new investments division has been setup to drive SWARCO’s presence in the Chargepoint Operation market.
The Pre-Construction manager will be responsible for all aspects of pre-construction for our rapid charging sites which are UK Wide – the individual will be responsible for all pre-construction activities from Scotland to the southwest of England, from the moment when an opportunity is handed over by the business development team, until each site is ready to begin construction. There are five main areas of responsibility:
- Customer care – you will be ultimately responsible for customer satisfaction during the development of the site
- Technical negotiations: site visit, planning permission, securing a point of connection and management of the overall design process
- Legal negotiations: ensuring the lease agreements are agreed in a balanced and fair way
- Project planning, procurement of long-lead items and appointment of subcontractors
- Governance and sign-off on ready-to-build projects, including preparation of investment board packs
- EV experience is positive but not a must
- Strong, demonstrable project management experience. To succeed in this role, you will have to be able to manage 40+ sites in parallel, ensuring each of those is progressed as efficiently as possible
- Must have demonstrable experience in dealing with DNOs and iDNOs, in particular in securing points of connection between 500kVA and 2MVA. Must demonstrate good knowledge of how those companies work their processes, timescales and best ways to accelerate deployment
- Must have demonstrable experience and knowledge of planning regulations and permitted development
- Must have experience in similar roles in other industries (i.e., renewables) or in EV charging infrastructure. However, EV charging infrastructure experience is not a must
- Strong communicator as this role requires management of customers and negotiations
- Good understanding of civil construction and electrical installation works would be advantageous
- Salesforce CRM knowledge is a plus
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- 25 days holiday with bank holidays in addition
- Employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance
Please apply by clicking on the link below.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you and SWARCO is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.
#LI-Remote #LI-GB1 #LI-MD1