Become part of our SWARCO team as
Head of Finance - Basingstoke (m/f/d)
Location: Basingstoke, United Kingdom | Full time
We have a fantastic career opportunity available for an experienced Head of Finance to join our very busy and growing team here at SWARCO UK & Ireland. The role will join our existing Senior Management Team and will report to the Commercial and Finance Director, where you will be expected to have a particular focus on delivering the operational and financial goals of the Finance Department.
To be successful in the role you will have clear and demonstrable experience in managing and leading a finance function. Experience of/in SAP FICO, be commercially astute, with excellent communication skills.
Here are some of the key responsibilities you will have:
- Ability to leverage SAP to deliver timely and accurate management reports to Local and Group Management
- Perform the transactional processes of a typical finance team within an SAP environment.
- Capacity to simplify complex concepts and turn them into management information
- Sound technical accounting knowledge
- Represent the Department within the Business Unit and the Senior Management Team
- Manage the introduction and maintenance of appropriate financial controls throughout the BU to ensure the integrity of the underlying accounting records and to enable the efficient management of working capital, the maximisation of profit and minimisation of risk
- Work closely with the Division to ensure that all processes are aligned and compliant with SWARCO’s standards and guidelines
- Develop the Department in such a way that it reflects SWARCO’s values and goals
What we are looking for
- Degree level education (business, economics, accountancy, or maths)
- Business Degree / Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or other suitable qualification.
- SAP expertise particularly FICO and BI
- Managing a results-orientated team, focused on high performance
- Commercially driven
- Solid, proven experience in:
- Leading a team
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Management reporting
- Month end processes
- Presenting complex information to non-financial stakeholders
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Full driving licence
- Ability for some national/international travel, including being away overnight
- Right to work in the UK
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Option for PMI (Private Medical Insurance)
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days with bank holidays in addition, plus the option to buy agreed number of days
- Open to discuss flexible working options
- Employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 4x salary
Please apply by clicking on the apply button
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.