Swarco Traffic are a leading supplier of smart, active signage solutions and the latest parking and traffic signal equipment in use across the UK and Europe. We require a skilled and experienced Frontend Software Engineer with experience of cloud based development, testing and review to work on the latest and next generation of our smart LED Signage and Parking Guidance systems.
Frontend Software Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom | Fulltime
You will play a key role in the ongoing development of our software products, help maintain the highest quality and security standards, design new services and enhance existing ones and generally get to work on cutting edge systems development for the future of our urban environments.
- Implement, document and test software solutions using Angular 6+ and TypeScript
- Design new Angular- Modules and -Libraries and enhance existing ones
- Perform Design-, Code- and Peer-Reviews of your colleagues
- Daily work in an agile environment, develop and optimize processes and best practices
- Interpret customer requirements specifications generating functional requirements documentation for software development.
- Where local software development on central software is required provide the technical lead to internal and external development resources.
- Maintain software development to company quality standards while helping to attain the highest security standards for our cloud systems.
- Looking at improvements to the development process to maintain the leading-edge software development tools and techniques are used for continuous improvement.
- Interpreting customer requirements and generating specifications for software developers
- Good organisation skills and ability of working on own initiative.
- Cloud Architecture and communications networks
- Atlassian Toolset JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- JAMA Requirements toolsuite
- Docker Kubernetes containerisation and deployment
- 2:1 or better Degree in BSc Computer Science or equivalent
- Software development experience
- Experience leading software developments
- Good Communication skills: ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external stakeholders.