Become part of our SWARCO team as
Field Service Engineer - Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, United Kingdom | Full time
We are seeking dynamic and diligent individuals who can combine technical flair with excellent customer service skills to work as a Field Service Engineer. APT Skidata has equipment installed in a number of customers' car parks and entertainment based sites situated throughout the country.
As a Field Service Engineer you will be Installing and configuring our vehicle and people access solutions, ensuring that they operate to specification. In addition, providing reliable maintenance, repairs and class-leading customer service to our client base. This role will provide customer support for the products installed on sites based in and around the Basingstoke/South Coast Area.
- Connect, commission and maintain SKIDATA equipment, IT hardware/software, Network devices, EV charging and other access control devices.
- Provide accurate quotes to the Service team and identify chargeable calls.
- Ensure that each job activity, its progress and completion status are accurately documented on company systems.
- Correctly identify and order replacement parts and equipment.
- Maintain a personal inventory of parts, materials and consumables.
- Escalate technical issues to Technical Services Team and work together to achieve resolution.
- Complete customer hardware and software training remotely via Cornerstone software, on the job.
- You will work in a specified geographic area but may need to travel nationally and stay overnight when required.
A relevant qualification or experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- An ability to analyse and solve technical problems.
- Installation and maintenance of IT hardware and software.
- Application installation and Firmware.
- Basic network technology knowledge
- ANPR installation and maintenance.
- Field Service or commissioning experience.
- A passion for IT/network technology
- Expertise or interest in access control.
- Experience with or ability to develop knowledge on the following topics: Electro -Mechanical servicing, IT Hardware maintenance, Software installation, Number Plate Recognition (ANPR), MS Server, VM and SQL.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of access devices (Flashing Firmware (LINUX), software configuration, part replacement/repair and the use of hand tools.)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and TCP/IP.
- Interest in and openness to new technologies and methods
- Knowledge of electrical principles and safety
- Be able to work in carpark, stadia and construction environments.
- Be able to work in a pressurised, client-controlled environments.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- COMPTIA +
- EV Charging.
- Parking Access Equipment installation and maintenance.
- Stadia Access Equipment installation and maintenance.
- Experience with Installing and Maintaining CCTV systems
- Experience with SKIDATA, Circontrol, Citysync or Commend equipment.
- Internal and External Fibre Optic experience.
- A City & Guilds; ONC /HNC; BTec or equivalent in a relevant field. Electrical/Mechanical including hard wiring of switching relays
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Excellent product training and access to international training center.
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Life assurance up to 6x salary
- Employer pension contributions
- Personal use of Company Vehicle
- Company Laptop and Smartphone.
- All required Tools and Equipment
- Work on a variety of projects
- The opportunity to work for the market leader
- A unique success story
- A thorough induction and onboarding programme
Please apply by clicking on the apply button.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.
|#LI-REMOTE #LI-GB1 #LI-MD1|