Become part of our SWARCO team as
Commercial Manager - Hemel Hempstead
Location: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom | Full time
We have a vacancy for an experienced & dynamic Senior Commercial Manager, with exceptional leadership qualities, to join our team based in Hemel Hempstead. In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing the commercial team. As well as delivering commercial support solutions to the business. You will also be required to deliver support to not only the Sales Teams but also our customers.
Some of what you will do
- Receiving and logging enquiries
- Liaising with the Sales Team
- Negotiate Contracts with customers and suppliers with respect to the business's terms and conditions, safety, lead-time, cost and quality objectives
- Deliver savings and performance improvement benefits
- Proactive Market monitoring for allocated commodity management areas
- Document any special project requirements, collaboration with all aspects of projects where they need any support, especially on technical aspects
- Control of UK items purchased to ensure consistency
- Ensuring the Sales Team are supplied with relevant documentation to support their training, i.e., drawings, manuals etc.
- Advise on preparation of schematics
- Ensure the system is delivered as per customer specification
- Document any special project requirements
- Follow up specific product needs from customers
- Communicate with internal and external customers, ensuring all needs and expectations are met
What we are looking for
In order to fulfil the role successfully the following are some of the key skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a sourcing/supply chain or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in effectively leading and managing a commercial team with good emotional intelligence
- Proven experience in a commercial/sales or procurement role
- Negotiation, communication, and supplier management skills
- Contracts management including negotiation, drafting and ongoing management of contracts
- The ability to deal with a wide variety of commodities and preferably within a broad range of areas included but not limited to Technical, IT, Networks, Construction, Civil Works, & Manufacturing
- Experience in the negotiation, drafting and ongoing management of contracts, for sales and purchasing
- A good team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and positive approach
- Full driving licence
- Ability to live and work in the UK
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, SWARCO actively runs employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car allowance
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days (with length of Service), with bank holidays included, plus the option to buy an agreed number of days
- Sick Pay after the qualifying period
- Employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 6 x salary
Please apply by clicking the apply button, Job Description provided upon request.
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK / Ireland, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you.