Become part of our SWARCO team as
Bid Manager (m/f/d)
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom | Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our team at Swarco UK & Ireland. The aim of the role is to lead the efficient and effective preparation of high quality, winning tenders and bids for SWARCO in UK and Ireland. This role is office based in Manchester.
- To provide professional, accurate, and concise bid submission documents to client requirements within specified time limits.
- Understand and organise company governance data (finance, quality, health and safety, HR, risk, operations, sub-contracting) enabling Pre-Qualification and Bid submissions to be efficiently prepared and successfully presented.
- Respond to pre bid customer requirements such as PQQs, Market Engagements etc.
- Develop a detailed bid plan and timetable identifying the required resources to deliver a winning bid
- Set up and lead internal bid progress meetings and governance reviews
- Organise and lead post bid lessons learned reviews. Recording and disseminating the outcome.
- Manage and co-ordinate the bid team.
- Organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Understanding of bidding and bid management principles
- Strong leadership of bid teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A good team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word, Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, we actively run employee opinion surveys as part of our drive to provide a comfortable and supportive working environment. We will support your development and you will also receive:
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days with bank holidays in addition, plus the option to buy agreed number of days
- Perkbox – employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance up to 4x salary
Please apply by clicking on the apply button
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before any advertised closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
We have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should we require recruitment agency involvement, we will contact the agencies on our PSL, and we would ask that you respect the relationships we have already built with these suppliers. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any partner or employee of our company, you should be aware that they have no authority to enter into an arrangement with you and SWARCO is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.